Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] (1)(d) A list of deliverables, with projectedcompletion dates.

Norbert Bollow <nb@bollow.ch> wrote on 06/12/2008 03:11:09 PM:

> robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
>
> > So far I've heard the following items (in no particular order)
> >
> > 1) A conformance test of ODF documents and implementations, i.e., test the
> > formal shall's and should's, etc.
> > 2) An Acid-style test of ODF implementations, i.e., feature and
> > rendering-oriented, essentially highlighting ODF features that are not
> > widely implemented (or implemented correctly) but are desired (by whom???)
> > 3) A comprehensive test suite of atomic (single feature) tests
> > 4) A formal profile of ODF for portability and archiving, aka ODF/A
> > 5) A formal profile of ODF for browser-based applications
> > 6) A formal profile of ODF for mobile devices
> > 7) A report on best practices for authoring portable documents
> > 8) A periodic interoperability report on the state of ODF
> > interoperability, with specific recommendations for implementors.
> >
> > What did I miss?
> >
> > Let's get the list complete
>
> Hmm how/where would the specific interoperability needs of persons
> with disabilities get addressed?

Hi Norbert,

The ODF TC has an Accessibility Subcommittee that has performed a study of ODF accessibility, and has proposed features to enhance accessibility in ODF 1.1 and ODF 1.2.  They also produced an Accessibility Guidelines document which was recently released as a Committee Specification:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/office-accessibility/v1.0/cs01/ODF_Accessibility_Guidelines-v1.0.odt

I think the proposed IIC TC should include include tests of interoperability features in its compliance and interoperability tests.  But we probably would not want to create a test suite based on the recommendations of the ODF Accessibility Guidelines document unless we first negotiated that with the members of the Accessibility Subcommittee.

-Rob