Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Which is definitive odf?

"Sam Johnston" <samj@samj.net> wrote on 06/16/2008 09:44:45 PM:

> Agreed for the clarification of 'official' but for me it's more
> important that the /output/ of the TC matches the currently
> available version; if 1.2 arrives a day after the TC is formed it
> should still be considered/targeted.
>
> Conversely a 1.2 release on the eve of the deliverables being
> delivered should not invalidate them. Perhaps something like:

> The TC will target /at least/ the most recent official OASIS release
> of ODF (1.1 at the time of writing).

But remember, the ODF TC is not obligated to work in progression.  We can and plan on releasing maintenance updates to existing versions of the ODF standard.  So ODF 1.2 may be followed by an ODF 1.0 errata, which may be followed by ODF 1.2, which may be followed by ODF 1.1 errata. So, "most-recent" may not me unambiguous.

-Rob