Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Which is definitive odf?

"Dave Pawson" <dave.pawson@gmail.com> wrote on 06/20/2008 07:25:51 AM:

> > That's one of the things that scope does, it sets the bounds of our
> > activities.
> >
> > We also asked to list our deliverables and estimated dates.  That's where
> > I'd put the ODF 1.1 and ODF 1.2 deliverables, sequenced in that order.
> >
> > So keep the scope general -- ODF (with no version stated) and have the
> > deliverables give the detailed sequencing.
>
> Which wouldn't give the TC a version to do the compliance against.
> Hence No Rob.

I happen to agree with you that the TC should start with ODF 1.1, but that is a point I will argue with that TC.  I disagree with your statement that giving an ODF 1.1 document as a formal deliverable, with a date prior to any ODF 1.2 deliverable, "wouldn't give the TC a version to do the compliance against".

Although I wish we had agreement on this, unanimity is not a formal requirement.

-Rob