Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Deliverable: odf-diff?

2008/6/23 Radoslav Dejanović <radoslav.dejanovic@opsus.hr>:

> If I understand Shawn correctly, the idea is that a "may" clause means
> that the application is not obliged to use that rule, but if it does,
> then it must follow the spec.
>
> In that case, test results would be:
>
> a) not implemented - the application does not implement that clause
>
> b) pass/fail - the application does implement that clause, but it does
> or does not fully follow that clause specification.

I guess my main point is, being a 'may' clause an application
does not have to follow that clause (if it implements it)

> In that case there's no uncertainty about the clause, it can be not
> implemented at all - which is fine, implemented and Ok - which is fine
> as well, or implemented, but badly - so developers should do something
> about that. As for users, they need to know whether their app doesn't
> implement that at all, or it does - and how good their app
> implementation is (Ok/not Ok).

I'll note this in the issues list.
  It probably doesn't need to be resolved by this group, but it does
by the TC.
  They need to define the pass fail conditions wrt the standard definitions.