Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Can we turn on list moderation now?

A little more reasoning for moderating/filtering some individuals.

In the same email referred to, where Marbux "attacks Thomas":

"But no issues with the folks running around the list calling me names
like Andy Updegrove and Pam Jones, eh?"

Is this a reference to Pam's message here?:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oiic-formation-discuss/200806/msg00296.html
(btw, that is the ONLY message from Pam on the archives)

As near as I can tell, this cannot be interpreted as "running around the
list calling me names".  This is an expression of an observation, and a
hope things will change.  I see no name calling in there.  One can
"infer" things from the message, but nothing that hasn't been proven
reasonable.

As for Andy, I have seen nothing out of line.  He has simply asked that
Paul put up or shut up.  But Paul keeps ignoring the call for supporting
docs, or provides references that *may* support his view if taken out of
context.

In my opinion, making up stories, stretching the facts, and threatening
legal issues, or plain ol' brow beating, till you get your own way is
um... stupid.  If an idea held any merit, the community would tend to
back that idea.

Just another example why this individual should be removed from the
list, or at least given some heavy doses of moderation.  I would prefer
the first approach as this has a better "perception" associated with it.
  Anyone here to seriously work and/or contribute is welcome.  Anyone
here to cause disruptions is not.  Moderation leaves open the perception
of being controlled by interested parties.  But I will follow the consensus.

My thoughts.

Shawn