Subject: Re: [soa-rm] Architectural Scope of Reference Model

Francis:

Discovery is described in the WSA from W3C in section 2.3.3.1 very well.

"There are various means by which discovery can be performed. Various
things — human end users or agents — may initiate discovery. Requester
entities may find service descriptions during development for static
binding, or during execution for dynamic binding. For statically bound
requester agents, using discovery is optional, as the service
description might be obtained in other ways, such as being sent directly
from the provider entity to the requester entity, developed
collaboratively, or provided by a third party, such as a standards body."

For something to be discovered, it must first be in a format that allows
discovery to happen. That is the act of advertising it. Discovery
happens ONLY after something is available to be discovered.

Duane

Adobe Enterprise Developer Resources  - http://www.adobe.com/enterprise/developer/main.html