stdsreg message

Subject: [stdsreg] Metadata Specification v2.8

I have posted a revised version of the metadata specification (v2.8) at the
following location:

http://www.ansi.org/reports/master.asp?room=70

The changes from v2.5 were fairly minor and I suggest we make one final
review of v2.8 in anticipation of a v3.0 being used for public review.

According to my notes, I believe we have 2 outstanding issues to be
discussed.

+  How do we handle duplicate designations from the different organizations.
Martin raised this issue and perhaps can offer some guidance.  This is
probably something to be handled in the accompanying usage guidance.

+  There was discussion regarding clarification of "date of most recent
change" applications.  We already have date of most recent action
(development stage), but I believe we were trying to provide for date of
most recent change to a given record's content...perhaps providing for error
correction in a record (a typo in a title, for example).  Perhaps somebody
can clarify this.