tag message

Subject: RE: [tag] Re: Considerations for TAML Authoring and normalizedString

I think we were cycling too rapidly.

My clarifying proposal was to use QName, as stated here

<http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/200911/msg00043.html>.

 - Dennis

PS: I feel like I bullied you into a concession.  That is not my desire.  We
can agree to disagree and see what is important to the other members.  We
ran through this pretty quickly.  We could use other perspectives, I think.
Maybe we should let the dust settle before going another round on this
topic.

-----Original Message-----
From: stephengreenubl@gmail.com [mailto:stephengreenubl@gmail.com] On Behalf
Of Stephen Green
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/200911/msg00049.html
Sent: Saturday, November 14, 2009 14:19
To: dennis.hamilton@acm.org
Cc: TAG TC List
Subject: Re: [tag] Re: Considerations for TAML Authoring and
normalizedString

now I'm confused. I thought you were proposing NCName rather than
normalizedString.

Best regards
---
Stephen D Green

2009/11/14 Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org>:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/200911/msg00048.html
> I don't think NCNames should be allowed for extensions.  NCNames are basic
> XML Names (such as element names and attribute names and ID values) having
> no colons.  That is, an NCName is an XML Name with no colon.  In a QName,
an
> NCName by itself is the unqualified case.  The fixed names that we have so
> far are (coincidentally) proper restrictions on NCNames.  Allowing custom
> extension using the same syntax (NCName) is the problem I thought we were
> trying to avoid.
>
> The introduction of RDF/RDFa into a test-assertion is entirely separate
from
> this.
>
> What we are doing with NCName as the base is not providing an extension
> mechanism.  That's certainly a way to end this debate.  I'm just not sure
it
> is what you intended.
>
>  - Dennis

Behalf
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/200911/msg00047.html
> Sent: Saturday, November 14, 2009 13:20
> To: dennis.hamilton@acm.org
> Cc: TAG TC List
> Subject: [tag] Re: Considerations for TAML Authoring and normalizedString
>
> OK, Dennis, I'm conceding and making the base datatype
> for custom extensions to the enumerated types NCName,
> as now in draft 1.0.0.1

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/35189/testAssertionMarkupL
anguage-1-0-0-1.xsd

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/200911/msg00041.html