tag message

Subject: Schema for Extensible Enumerative Attributes

Try this:

<xs:simpleType name="codeExtension_type">
   <xs:restriction base="xs:QName">
      <xs:pattern> value="[\c-[:]]+:[\c-[:]]+">
          <xs:annotation> Any QName with a ":" in it, a PrefixedName
          </xs:annotation>
      </xs:pattern>
   </xs:restriction>
</xs:simpleType>

  [ ... ]

<xs:simpleType name="prerequisiteConflictCode_type">
  <xs:union memberTypes="prerequisiteConflictBaseCode_type
codeExtension_type"/>
</xs:simpleType>

<xs:simpleType name="prerequisiteConflictBaseCode_type">
  <xs:restriction base="xs:NCName">
    <xs:enumeration value="conjunction"/>
    <xs:enumeration value="disjunction"/>
  </xs:restriction>
</xs:simpleType>

This should allow all PrefixedName QName forms that are namespace
well-formed and it should reject all Unprefixed NCNames that are not in the
list of enumeration values.

I imagine the reason that QName is a base data type is for its use in the
XML Schema for XML Schema itself.  Fancy that!

 - Dennis