tag message

Subject: RE: [tag] Re: Done - Re: Ready to start next, potential candidate drafts

From: stephengreenubl@gmail.com [mailto:stephengreenubl@gmail.com] On Behalf
Of Stephen Green
Sent: Thursday, January 07, 2010 13:07
To: dennis.hamilton@acm.org
Cc: Jacques R. Durand; TAG TC
Subject: Re: [tag] Re: Done - Re: Ready to start next, potential candidate
drafts

[ ... ]

I'm not really in favour of separate public reviews though. I get
the impression that related specs are supposed to be put out
together (though we could argue that they are actually distinct).
There are dependencies which mean that a change to one
requires a change to the others (e.g. a change to the markup
requires a change to the guidelines and maybe to the model).
We could get into a mix-up if we had review of one spec then
agreed it but a subsequent review of another spec required us
to go back and change the first. Better, I think, if we can
respond to any comments on either document by changing
potentially all of the documents at the same time following a
simultaneous public review.

Even if we didn't have all our members with voting rights at the
time of a ballot I'm sure we would accommodate the expression
of approval (or otherwise) from those who would normally vote
but might not be able to vote officially - an unofficial vote or just
a statement of agreement on the list would be valuable all the
same. As of course would participation in internal TC review
which is fine even for non-voting members.

[ ... ]