Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] Topic Naming Constraint question

* Steve Pepper

| The TNC does indeed apply in this case. I put forward a proposal
| along the lines you suggest in Paris, but it didn't carry the day. I
| guess the campaign against the TNC was a bit too late getting
| underway.

* Nikita Ogievetsky

| Actually in this case a program should detect a conflict and do
| nothing other then mark this suspect topics and present a list of
| them for a human operator to decide.

Any processor which does this does not conform to the specification.
F.5.3 says the topics should merge, F.5.1 says the resulting topic has
the union of their subject indicators.

That is what the spec says, and so this is the only alternative for a
conformant processor/application.

--Lars M.

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details