Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] A challenge on "the graph"

* Lars Marius Garshol

| I guess you have to explain why you want _both_ a PM-graph and an ASR.

* Nikita Ogievetsky

| I doubt that we can have any good UASR specification without PM.
| PM shell serve as the guideline and a "reference-point" for UASR.
| Without agreeing on PM we will never agree on UASR.

Hmmm. We may be talking past one another here: I intended the UASR to
also include mappings to and from the syntax. Given that, what about
the PM is it that makes it needed for a good UASR, and why would it be
difficult to agree on the UASR without the PM? (I just don't
understand this at all.)

As far as I can tell, the PM and UASR would describe so very nearly
the same thing that there would be substantial chances of them
contradicting each other. In my opinion that should be avoided.

| I also think that PM should be a graph and that it should be based on
| Steve's and Michel's http://www.topicmaps.net/pmtm4.htm

Why?

--Lars M.

Do you have 128-bit SSL encryption server security?
Get VeriSign's FREE Guide, "Securing Your
Web Site for Business." Get it now!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2cW4jC/c.WCAA/bT0EAA/2n6YlB/TM