Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] User API - A new endeavour for topicmaps.org?

* Thomas B. Passin

| Ah, I'm starting to see.  Perhaps you wouldn't apply the term "API"
| to what I am thinking about. I would, but let's put that aside.

Let's do that, and see if we can get further that way.

| I'm thinking about the user interaction aspect.  I'm convinced that
| there are many things users will commonly need to do, and should be
| made as easy as possible.

Agreed! Very strongly agreed!

| I'm after an analogous capability to enhance the ease of creating
| Topic Map end user applications.  So let's work on the requirements.

OK. Let us assume that TMQL is this capability, because I really think
that TMQL should be a tool that makes it easier for people to create
topic map applications.

Holger and I didn't think of this when writing the TMQL requirements
0.8.2, so if you could go through that very critically and point out
how we failed to make it clear that TMQL will provide what you want I
think we could improve that document quite considerably.

(As SRN said: when you've worked on a technology for too long you
develop a special form of brain damage which prevents you from
actually being able to fully explain what you mean.)

Comments are best posted to tmql-wg on YahooGroups.

If we find that TMQL will not provide everything you want I think
we'll most likely have made an important discovery, and that we should
then sit down and think about how to solve that problem.

--Lars M.