Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] Re: Fixing language.xtm and country.xtm

* Murray Altheim

| You're correct. It doesn't work.

I agree that the communication between you and me has not worked in
this case, so let's try to mend that. I have tried to avoid discussion
about anything but the technical work in order to avoid causing more
controversy, but that seems to have backfired, so I'll do it now.

My intention in this discussion has never been anything but to fix the
problems with these PSI sets as I see them. In that process I am open
to, as I always am, being shown that it is my understanding that is
the problem and not the PSI sets. With me you can always take it for
granted that such is the case. Keep this somewhere and quote it to me
if I ever behave otherwise.

Let it also be said that if in the process of fixing these problems I
offend anyone I would be unhappy about that. It has already been
suggested both on-list and off-list that I should just go ahead and
make my own PSI set proposal, and even though that would have taken
less time than this discussion already has, I did not do it, since it
would be likely to offend needlessly.

You are right that my initial message was not very diplomatic, and I
regret that. It was unwise to post that message in the way and form I
did, but it is done now. If it caused offense, I apologize. So let's
put this behind us.

| You started this thread by saying that if I couldn't deliver
| according to your expectations, that somebody else "should be given
| this job."

Not quite. You've said before that you intended to update them, but
you've also said repeatedly that you are very busy, so I thought the
reason nothing had been done was that you were too busy. If you go
back and read the last paragraph in the original message you'll see
that I wrote "if the current editor does not have time to do this
soon".

| These topic maps have some bugs, but they're not so wrong as you
| make out. For example, your understanding of xml:base is incorrect
| [1]. Some of your comments reflect a misunderstanding of the
| difference between a language and a language code (which is a
| profound difference).

If you are willing to discuss the technical issues involved nothing
would make me happier. If so, you'll find my description of them in
the original posting. If not, please say so.

--Lars M.