Subject: Re: [topicmapmail] Re: [topicmaps-comment] topicmaps.org namespace,and ISO 13250 XTM ( Re: referring to a topic from outside a TM )

Lars Marius

> * Bernard Vatant
> |
> | We also could let TopicMaps.Org where it is, as an historical
> | organization name, and flag the to-be OASIS Member Section under a
> | different name "OASIS Topic Maps" and domain
> | www.oasis-open.org/topicmaps
> |
> | Things would be more clear that way.

LMG
> It sounds to me as though they would be considerably less clear.  We'd
> then have an organization whose name is a domain name, but the domain
> does not actually contain that organization's site; it just contains a
> slowly-rotting collection of obsolete content.

Oh, that's only if the OASIS Topic Maps member section sticks to TopicMaps.Org name.
That is the point I was not sure was a good idea. But if this is to be the case after all,
I agree with you.

> Meanwhile, every time someone wants to link to "topic maps", they have
> a real problem: where do I link? To a dead site (topicmaps.org), to
> the spec (ISO 13250 PDF; not very useful), to topicmaps.com (good
> site, but not official), or what?

Agreed

> At the moment people do all of these things and none of them are
> ideal. It would be good if topicmaps.org could create a "topic maps"
> page (preferably http://www.topicmaps.org) and link from it to various
> places with information about topic maps. One of them should be the
> actual TopicMaps.Org website, of course.

Of course ... that supposes that TopicMaps.Org exists again under a clear status. That's
all my point.

Bernard