Subject: Re: [topicmapmail] Re: [topicmaps-comment] topicmaps.org namespace,and ISO 13250 XTM ( Re: referring to a topic from outside a TM )

* Lars Marius Garshol

| It sounds to me as though they would be considerably less clear.
| We'd then have an organization whose name is a domain name, but the
| domain does not actually contain that organization's site; it just
| contains a slowly-rotting collection of obsolete content.

* Bernard Vatant

| Oh, that's only if the OASIS Topic Maps member section sticks to
| TopicMaps.Org name.

Uh, yes. I thought that was a given. Anyway, I see no reason to change
it, and topicmaps.org is one of the main topic map-related domain (by
its very nature), so it does make sense for the OASIS members section
to keep it. (IMHO.)

| That is the point I was not sure was a good idea.

If you have any arguments against it I'd be happy to hear them.

* Lars Marius Garshol

| At the moment people do all of these things and none of them are
| ideal. It would be good if topicmaps.org could create a "topic maps"
| page (preferably http://www.topicmaps.org) and link from it to various
| places with information about topic maps. One of them should be the
| actual TopicMaps.Org website, of course.

* Bernard Vatant

| Of course ... that supposes that TopicMaps.Org exists again under a
| clear status. That's all my point.

We're pretty much agreed, then.