ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] UBL Order

yes the relevant part is that it should be assigned by the Customer.

Thanks

Stephen Green ha scritto:
92040e120907041112j1d13db43o91b63c6467a41ed1@mail.gmail.com" type="cite">
I'm not all that convinced that it matters though.
The intention, as far as I'm concerned, was not
to dictate how these IDs are used: If someone
finds value in using something called
CustomerAssignedID for a particular purpose
then as long as all parties concerned agree to
it, it is up to them. There would be a best
practise to consider any future readers of the
documents but I'm not sure the semantics of
UBL should enforce this because we know we
cannot consider all possible and actual use
cases and we want to leave room for those we
have not considered. If people want to narrow
down the semantics for a subset of all possible
use cases and they have established those use
cases then they can write a conformance
profile which covers the semantic aspects of use.

Stephen D Green