OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

ubl message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 13 March 2019 15:00UTC - VOTING MEETING

Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 13 March 2019 15:00UTC
2019-03-13 UBL Atlantic  - 09:00MSP/10:00Lima/10:00Ottawa/15:00UTC/16:00Europe


   Todd Albers
   Oriol BausÃ
   Kenneth Bengtsson (convener)
   Erlend Klakegg Bergheim
   Peter Borresen
   Kees Duvekot
   CÃcile Guasch
   Yves Jordan
   Natalie Muric
   Matt Vickers

   Attendance of the Pacific call:
      Kenneth Bengtsson (convener)
      Levine Naidoo
      Matt Lewis


    - one of the following should be used as a specific citation:
      OASIS Universal Business Language (UBL) v2.2
      OASIS Universal Business Language (UBL) v2.1 (ISO/IEC 19845:2015)
    - the following would be used for a general (any version) citation:
      OASIS UBL (ISO/IEC 19845)
    - the canonical 2.2 documents are available in the OASIS repository:
    - the canonical 2.1 documents are available in the OASIS repository:
    - the ISO/IEC catalogue entry for UBL 2.1 is found at:
    - the ISO/IEC document and attachments for UBL 2.1 are found at:


    Additions to events calendar: http://ubl.xml.org/events
       - nothing

    Review of Pacific call minutes

    Review of Atlantic call minutes

    Membership status review

    - voting status is determined by the following:
      - existing voting members must not miss two consecutive meetings to
        maintain voting status
      - non-voting members must attend two consecutive meetings to obtain
        voting status
      - members formally on leave by prior request must not attend and
        their voting status is not impacted
    - current UBL TC voting member list (alphabetical) and relationships:
      - Todd Albers
        - Member ASC X9 AB, Member ISO 20022 Payment SEG, Member W3C Web
          Payments Interest Group, Business Payments Coalition
      - Oriol Bausà Peris
        - Member OASIS BDXR, Member OASIS ebXML, Editor TC434 Validation
      - Kenneth Bengtsson
        - Chair OASIS BDXR, Observer OASIS ebXML, DK Expert UN/CEFACT
      - Erlend Klakegg Bergheim
        - Member OASIS BDXR, Member OASIS ebXML Core & MS
        - Member CEN/TC434/WS8
      - Peter Borresen
        - DK Member CEN/TC440, Assistant Convenor CEN/TC440/WG7
      - Kees Duvekot
        - Member OASIS BDXR, Member of the StandaardisatieÂplatform
      - CÃcile Guasch
        - Member CEN/TC440, Convenor CEN/TC440/WG1, Convenor CEN/TC440/WG2,
          European Commission liaison (DIGIT Interoperability Unit)
      - G. Ken Holman
        - Member OASIS BDXR, CA Member JTC 1/SC32, CA Expert UN/CEFACT
      - Yves Jordan
      - Andrew Mitchell
      - Natalie Muric
      - Levine Naidoo
        - Member OASIS BDXR, Observer OASIS ebXML, Member Fintech Australia
      - Enric Staromiejski Torregrosa
        - Member OASIS ebXML, European Commission liaison (DG GROWTH)
    - active non-voting members
      - Martijn van den Boogaard
      - Roberto Cisternino
        - IT Expert UN/CEFACT
      - Matt Lewis
        - Member Blockchain Association of Australia
      - Ole EllerbÃk Madsen
        - DK Member CEN/TC440, CEN/TC440 Liaison JTC 1/SC 32
      - Olli Pajari
      - Steve Ryan
      - Matt Vickers
        - Member OASIS BDXR, Member US Business Payments Coalition,
          Director US Data Coalition
    - members gaining voting status after this meeting:
      - Matt Vickers
    - members losing voting status after this meeting:
      - Enric Staromiejski Torregrosa
    - new member orientation information:

UBL 2.2
    - UBL 2.2 OASIS Standard is published:

    - Ken to begin the ISO revision process for ISO/IEC 19845
      - waiting again on OASIS legal counsel for feedback from ISO

UBL 2.3
    - CÃcile managing requirements for pre-award documents
    - Kees managing requirements for post-award documents
    - Peter managing requirements for transportation documents
    - Kenneth and Todd managing requirements for payments and finance documents
    - Roberto managing requirements for party information documents
    - Kees designated a co-editor of UBL 2.3 and is now in charge of the
      production of the artefacts, with the assistance from Erlend as needed
    - please progress unaddressed JIRA tickets, especially the ones from
      UBL 2.2
    - remember to become watchers of a ticket in order to get push
      notifications ... for example with the ticket number in ###:


    - open issues at: https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=12972
    - missed the end-of 2018 deadline, trying now for an end of March
      vote on a 30-day public review to deal with feedback at the
      beginning of May
      - first draft of public review needs to be ready for February 27
      - work towards public review vote March 20 (leaves two weeks for TC
        Admin action and we cannot ask for expedited processing; ready by
        March 13 would be best)
   - subcommittee chairs are reminded of the documentation requirements for
     new UBL documents recorded in these minutes under "Documentation"
   - subcommittee process for forwarding changes to the main committee
     - subcommittee edits test spreadsheet for test schemas
     - Ken will make test schemas for the subcommittee
     - the subcommittee proposes a summary of their changes to the main
       TC in a mail message, citing your test schemas for reference
     - at a teleconference the main TC approves the changes
     - Ken adds the changes to the main spreadsheets and publish new schemas
       for public review
   - image submission
     - a revisable vector form is required (e.g. SVG)
     - a bit image form is required:
        -  width of 3425 pixels @ 600dpi = 5.7083in/14.5cm
                                         = 1712 pixels @ 300dpi

ASN.1 alternative representations for UBL 2.1 and UBL 2.2 - VOTE
   - Approval of Committee Notes requires a Full Majority Vote. Please see membership
     requirements and status, as well as:
     - https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process-2017-05-26#standApprovProcess
     - https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/oasis-defined-terms-2018-05-22#dFullMajority

   - It was noted that a quorum had been reached with 10 out of 13 voting members present

   - Does the TC agree to approve UBL 2.1 Abstract Syntax Notation 1 (ASN.1) Alternative
     Representation Version 1.0 and all associated artifacts packaged together at
     as a Committee Note and designate the XML version of the note as authoritative?
     - Motion made by Kenneth at the Pacific call and seconded by Levine
     - Agreed unanimously by those present

   - Does the TC agree to approve UBL 2.2 Abstract Syntax Notation 1 (ASN.1) Alternative
     Representation Version 1.0 and all associated artifacts packaged together at
     as a Committee Note and designate the XML version of the note as authoritative?
     - Motion made by Kenneth at the Pacific call and seconded by Levine
     - Agreed unanimously by those present

   - Kenneth to inform OASIS TC Administration of the TC's decision and request that the two Committee Notes be published

UBL Australian Localisation Subcommittee (ALSC)
    - nothing to report

UBL Payments and Finance Subcommittee (PayFin)
    - nothing to report

UBL Post-award
    - requested discussion of: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-182 
      - Levine noted at the Pacific call that the issue of the Tax Inclusive Amount must be resolved before public review in order to get traction with regards to UBL 2.3 adoption in Australia.
      - Kenneth to share examples from Latin America
      - Kees to prepare to two proposals showing different approaches to implement this
   - further discussion needed for https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-203
      - in order to support B2C invoice transactions, the customer party needs to be option

UBL Pre-award
   - Proposal to include:
      - Support further improvement of the QualificationApplicationRequest and QualificationApplicationResponse making them fitter for purpose:
         - allowing to specify criteria per lot(s)/commodityClassification and evidences per lot/commodityClassification,
         - enriching the TenderingCriterionProperty ABIE with new elements of type URl, indicator, maximum quantity and minimum quantity
         - loosening the TenderingCriterionPropertyGroup cardinality to allow for the specific case when a criterion is composed of subcriteria but has no specific TenderingCriterionProperty.
         - Support of CPB identification with adding the element ContractingParty.ContractingRepresentationType.
      - Members are encouraged to review the input from the Pre-award SC
      - The TC will vote next week

UBL Small Business Subcommittee (SBSC)
    - nothing to report

UBL Transportation Subcommittee (TSC)
    - A package of proposed changes for UBL 2.3 has been shared here:
     - https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-tsc/201903/msg00000.html
   - And associated spreadsheets shared with Ken's post here:
     - https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-tsc/201903/msg00001.html
     - Does the TC approve of the changes proposed by the TSC and agree to
       incorporate these into the UBL 2.3 working draft?
       - Members are asking for a summary of the changes proposed, and more time to review the proposal
       - Vote postponed for next week

UBL Naming and Design Rules Subcommittee (NDRSC)
    - nothing to report

JIRA tickets
    - available filters:
         - discuss - https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=15172
         - UBL 2.x - https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=12972
         - BDNDR   - https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=13472
         - All UBL - https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=11670
         - TCAdmin - https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=13070

    - when creating tickets, remember to distinguish the following components
      by how they are described to be used as categories:
      - if you leave the "Component/s" field empty, the ticket will not show up
        in the summary filter

    - status and resolution values:
      - NEW - the issue has been created but not yet agreed to be in
              consideration or not for the development distribution
            - in order for the issue to become active work for the committee
              the new ticket must be changed to OPEN or it will not be seen
              in the "to do" filter
            - the other option on a new ticket is to change it to DEFERRED
            - please remember to look at the open filter to ensure visibility:
      - OPEN - the issue is in consideration for the development distribution
             - keep the issue OPEN when assigning to Ken for incorporation
             - please remember to add a comment regarding expectations whenever
               you assign an OPEN ticket to another person for any action
      - RESOLVED + Incomplete - the issue has been decided but not yet in test
      - RESOLVED + Applied - the issue is incorporated in test but not released
      - RESOLVED + Fixed - the issue is incorporated in a working draft version
      - RESOLVED + Later - the issue is still up for discussion for a future
                           minor revision but not the current development
      - RESOLVED + No Action - considered as no action for any distribution
      - RESOLVED + Cannot Reproduce - considered as no action for distribution
      - APPLIED + Fixed - the issue is included in a public review (record the
                          availability of the disposition once review opened)
      - DEFERRED - the issue is not in consideration for any minor revision
                 - please remember to use this when creating new tickets for
                   backwards-incompatible changes
     - see also the discussion on the status workflows here:

    - members please note to discuss ticket issues as comments to the ticket so
      that we can audit the discussion when making decisions about the ticket,
      without having to find the discussion on the main mail list

    - to find all of the OASIS TC Administration tickets related to UBL, use
      the https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=13070 filter


   - Australian Localisation Subcommittee will be meeting in the BDXR "off
     weeks" one hour in advance of the UBL Pacific call (00:00UTC)
   - Transportation Subcommittee will be meeting on Wednesdays every week at
     14:00UTC (will be using Peter's GotoMeeting facility)
   - Pre-award Subcommittee will be meeting on Wednesdays every week at
     13:30UTC (will be using Natalie's WebEx facility)
   - other subcommittees will be meeting on an as-required basis

   - if we had a face-to-face the week of 2019-09-23 then attendees could
     continue on to Vienna for the Exchange Summit conference the following
     week (as was convenient for some members in 2018)
     - offers to host from Zwolle (NL), Copenhagen (DK)
   - do we need a face-to-face in the southern US in February/March? If so,
     who do we know who could host us or sponsor a meeting venue?
     - highly unlikely that a US face-to-face meeting take place before the end of the public review period
     - possible host May 6-10 at the US Fed in Minneapolis?
     - can we go back to Tradeshift also regarding May 6-10 in San Francisco?
     - this would be timed after the end of our first review so that we can
       work on a second review


   2019-03-13 UBL Atlantic -
   2019-03-20 UBL Pacific  -
   2019-03-20 UBL Atlantic -
   2019-03-27 UBL Pacific  -
   2019-03-27 UBL Atlantic -
   2019-04-03 UBL Pacific  -
   2019-04-03 UBL Atlantic -
   2019-04-10 UBL Pacific  -
   2019-04-10 UBL Atlantic -
   2019-04-17 UBL Pacific  -
   2019-04-17 UBL Atlantic -
   2019-04-24 UBL Pacific  -
   2019-04-24 UBL Atlantic -
   2019-05-01 UBL Pacific  -
   2019-05-01 UBL Atlantic -

   Outline of teleconference times for 2019:

      (Note the date for the Australia time change is indicated incorrectly)

   Will anyone be requesting a leave of absence in the near future?  For
   privacy reasons, this discussion will be kept off of the minutes.

   TC calendar:

   TC calendar iCal subscription link:


  - nothing to add

Contact info, blog, articles, etc. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/ |
Check our site for free XML, XSLT, XSL-FO and UBL developer resources |
Streaming hands-on XSLT/XPath 2 training class @ US$45 (5 hours free) |

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]