Subject: RE: [xliff] @disabled in Validation Module. Fix example. Add constraint?

Hi Bryan, Ryan, all,

The more I look at the Validation module, the more I think we really have to specify how overriding works, when does one rule overrides the previous one? When one rule is "the same" as another?

If you have this rule at the file level:

<val:rule isPresent="store" occurs="2"/>

And this one at the unit level:

<val:rule isPresent="store" occurs="3"/>

Does the second rule overrides the first one?
And then if you have at the file level:

<val:rule isPresent="store" occurs="2" disabled='yes'/>

And this one at the unit level:

<val:rule isPresent="store" occurs="3"/>

Is the second rule enabled or disabled?

There is also the odd case of rules at the same level: Nothing prevent them so the tools have to be able to deal with them too. For example if you have at the same level

<val:rule isPresent="store" occurs="2"/>
<val:rule isPresent="store" occurs="1" caseSensitive="1"/>

Does the second rule overrides the first one?
Or are they separate rules?