tag message

Subject: Re: [tag] Re: Starting an issues list?

Yes, thanks Dennis,

Being a member requires either a signature from a
employer or the employer has to become a member
of OASIS.

I agree that sending a comment is tricky too when an
employer automatically owns all one's IPR: I would
only be able (as would many employees who have
such contracts) to comment in ways which don't create
new IPR if I am unable to assign any IPR to OASIS. An
important point regarding public reviews.

A ta-dev list would not require any such formal
IPR assignment though (which also means it can't
lead directly to TAG TC adoption of any ideas into
the TAG TC IPR). Public domain stuff or Qs and As
which don't violate anyone's IPR can be contributed
on such a list (usual thing for a dev list) but then
everyone has to watch out that no IPR agreements
are violated. This necessitates use of comment list
if anything of substance in terms of IPR is to be
contributed to the TAG TC itself. For me I think a
dev list is OK for questions and answers and the like.
The comment list is OK too as long as what I send
to it isn't creating new IPR (e.g. OK, I would think,
to point out errors, make criticisms, offer opinions,
etc but not for suggesting substantial content).

Best regards

Steve
---
Stephen D Green