Subject: Re: [chairs] Re: Committee Notes

On Dec 13, 2010, at 11:38 AM, Gershon Joseph (gerjosep) wrote:

> The DITA Adoption TC is *very* concerned by this. Our TC produced
> about 10 feature articles in the space of less than a year, and
> under the new process it would take us years.
How does a 30 day public review add years?

> Our concern is that by the time our non-normative feature articles
> finally get to the users, they won't be relevant anymore. The
> purpose of these feature articles is to educate the public on
> upcoming features in the future DITA spec, and now we shall be
> unable to deliver these well-received articles as fast as the market
> requires.

If the lifetime of these articles is on the order 30 days, then i have
to ask why the bother/concern?
   If its longer, then i don't see how 30 days is a big factor,
especially since the docs are all public when they are still in draft
stage.

> So we're effectively punishing our users and hindering adoption
> instead of promoting adoption.
I would say that we are encouraging TC's to carefully consider
documents before they are adopted and made "official".

cheers,
   jeff

--
Jeff Mischkinsky			          		jeff.mischkinsky@oracle.com
Sr. Director, Oracle Fusion Middleware 				+1(650)506-1975