Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: Bibliography management/BibTex equivalent

Norman Walsh wrote:

> / Mark Wroth <mark@astrid.upland.ca.us> was heard to say:
> | BibTeX allows any fields  in any entry.  Each bibliography style then
> | parses the fields into "required", "optional", and "ignored", and
> | provides typesetting rules for the required and optional fields.  Any
> | field that is neither required nor optional is treated as ignored.
>
> Do the rules ever reorder fields? I could tweak the stylesheets to
> select only some entries from each biblioentry and process them.
>
> How does BibTeX deal with punctuation around optional entries?

It would be nice if the output style was pluggable... Like in LaTex
where
you include a style for it... This style defines the proper order, and
states which fields are outputed...

Is it possible to have a file inclusion based on a variable? (/me is
thinking XSLT now...) That is, have a parameter which a user can
overwrite,
and based on this parameter, a specific bibilography style is loaded?

This bibliographic style would a an XSLT stylesheet overwriting some
default
style, possibly the stylesheets now used for the bibliographic
elements...

That would be a very convenient solution...

As you might know i am working on JReferences [1], and planned on
writing
extensions to this software that would generated preformated
biblioentries
that would give the needed output with the current XSLT stylesheets...
But i consider this a less optimal solution.

Egon

1. http://jreferences.sf.net/

--
Egon Willighagen <egonw@sci.kun.nl>
Occupation: PhD on Molecular Representation