Subject: RE: [office-collab] Paragraph merge in ODF (earlier - Re: [office-collab] FW: [office] Groups - MCT Challenge #1 Documents (Zip) uploaded)

I am not extending the challenge.  I have more coming though.

Of course MCT must be specified more generally and deal with much more variation.  I also assume that there will be variations among implementations that are incidental matters.

The purpose of keeping the challenge simple and straightforward is to understand the relationship between these simple cases and how they are handled up-and-down-level as well as in interoperability with other formats.

But the start is to know even the expected details for very simple cases.

When you have completed details for the post-change ODF document, with tracking preserved, the case can be explored further.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: office-collab@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:office-collab@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Svante Schubert
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 03:04
To: dennis.hamilton@acm.org
Cc: office-collab@lists.oasis-open.org

[ ... ]

This description of the XML change of your challenge is what I am trying to draft now to fulfill your challenge, Dennis.
After defining the XML change of your action (merge paragraph), we will define the XML change to undo your action (split paragraph), which will be capable to be parameterized in a way that the original state of the document can be restored.

[ ... ]