Subject: Re: [office] Public comment #20 -- default print range in tables

My point is also that even if a print range is defined, an application does not always follow it.  If the user makes an explicit selection in the spreadsheet UI, then that is the range printed, regardless of what is stored in the document that was loaded.

So we should say what table:printrange actually is in practice, which is a hint or preference.  It would not be incorrect for an application to override or ignore this hint, since it may have more recent information, such as a user selection.  Maybe even new rows have been inserted into the spreadsheet, changing the effective print range?

So all we can really say is "table:printrange stores the last specified print range for this sheet. "

Applications that want to do something with the last specified print range are free to use this value for that purpose.  It probably would use it, along with the current state of UI selection, to derive the actual range to print.  But we don't need to get into that.  I don't think we need to say anything about what happens if it is lacking either.

-Rob

http://sun.com/staroffice         +49 40 23646 500

http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS