Subject: Re: [office] Errata: Substantive Schema Change in 15.27.22?

Michael,

Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I did some research, and noticed that we by intention did not include
> this schema change into ODF 1.0 2nd edition, but ODF 1.1 only:
>
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200605/msg00098.html
>
> I therefore suggest that we do not revert this decision, but simply
> omit that change in the errata.

OK, but you say in that post:

> I'm currently preparing a new draft which corrects the spelling errors,
> except those in the schema. While the spelling errors in the schema are clear
> spelling errors, too, I believe the best way to correct them is to add
> correct spelled attributes/attribute values to the schema for a 1.1, and to
> declare the misspelled ones to be depricated.
That would imply to me that *if* we were to fix this in ODF 1.0 second
edition, that we would add the corrected attribute and deprecate the
mis-spelled one.

Yes?

Just checking to see if we were to fix it, how you are reading our prior
action.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

> Best regards
>
> Michael
>

> On 09/25/08 03:19, Patrick Durusau wrote:
>> Dennis,
>>
>> Well, while I agree as to what the OASIS rules say now, isn't it
>> simply the case that we need a new set of rules?
>>
>> Why not use this to illustrate how lame the current errata process is
>> in fact and suggest a new set of rules that cover both editorial as
>> well as technical errors.
>>
>> My suggestion would be to have editorial errors, for either committee
>> specifications or OASIS standards to be approved only by a TC vote.
>> Technical errors would require a TC vote and then a thirty day
>> default ballot of the general membership (in other words, if you
>> don't vote, you automatically approve). Simply majority wins.
>>
>> That would put all fixes within a 45 day time frame, assuming we all
>> moved at top speed.
>>
>> True, we would have to define editorial and technical but I suspect
>> we could steal something along those lines. All told, less than a
>> page of text and a process that would get TC's back into the business
>> of fixing their work and out of the check list chase that is the
>> present process.
>>
>> I can outline a proposed new errata process along the lines I suggest
>> above fairly quickly if anyone is interested in pursuing a more
>> systematic solution.
>>
>> Hope you are having a great day!
>>
>> Patrick
>>
>> Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>>> While we are thinking this over prior to the next call, I have some
>>> further
>>> observations:
>>>
>>> 1. The only schema file for ODF 1.0 on the OASIS site has the -treshold
>>> spelling (although the 1.1 schema has -threshold).  This is not