Subject: Re: [office] Errata: Substantive Schema Change in 15.27.22?

Patrick,

On 09/25/08 10:28, Patrick Durusau wrote:
> Michael,
>
> Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I did some research, and noticed that we by intention did not include
>> this schema change into ODF 1.0 2nd edition, but ODF 1.1 only:
>>
>> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200605/msg00098.html
>>
>> I therefore suggest that we do not revert this decision, but simply
>> omit that change in the errata.
>>
> OK, but you say in that post:
>
>> I'm currently preparing a new draft which corrects the spelling
>> errors, except those in the schema. While the spelling errors in the
>> schema are clear spelling errors, too, I believe the best way to
>> correct them is to add correct spelled attributes/attribute values to
>> the schema for a 1.1, and to declare the misspelled ones to be
>> depricated.
> That would imply to me that *if* we were to fix this in ODF 1.0 second
> edition, that we would add the corrected attribute and deprecate the
> mis-spelled one.
>
> Yes?

This is one option. The options we discussed for ODF 1.1 are here:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200606/msg00075.html

We actually decided to take option b), that is, to just correct the
errors in the schema. This still may be an option for the ODF 1.0
errata, too.

However, since we received the error report for 15.27.22 already and
resolved it already by making a change in ODF 1.1 although we could have
made a change in ODF 1.0 2nd edition, I think it is valid to refer to
that resolution, rather than reverting that resolution.

Michael