Subject: Re: [office] office-comment -> JIRA migration

Rob,

robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:

> The important thing, I think, is to not split issues before a technical
> resolution is determined.  If we split things to early then you have two
> unresolved issues and risk arriving at divergent solutions to the same
> issue, expressed in different texts.  We don't want that to happen.  So
> I'm thinking that any splits (subtasks) should occur post-resolution.

That makes a lot of sense, should be a standing rule for the resolution
work flow.

Best regards,
Peter

>> RE: [office] office-comment -> JIRA migration
>>
>> Concerning subtasks and issue workflow, I was able to learn some things
>> about workflow and the benign way sub-tasks and parent tasks move
> through
>> stages independently and their connection is preserved.  I did this on
> the
>> OIC TC JIRA, and my summary is at
>> <http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/200905/msg00025.html>.
>>
>> I'm not sure if all members of the ODF TC can browse the OIC TC JIRA,
> but
>> those of us who are on that TC can do so.
>>
>> I am more comfortable adding comments to issues that go with the public
>> comments I am investigating.  It is not quite so visible as making new
>> issues or sub-tasks of issues, although commenting seems to generate as
> much
>> JIRA activity reporting to the ODF TC List as anything else.
>>
>>  - Dennis

Peter Junge
Open Source Strategy Director

Beijing Redflag Chinese 2000 Software Co., Ltd.
Building No.2, Block A, Huilongsen, 18 Xihuan Nanlu
Beijing Economic-Technological Development Area
100176 Beijing - P.R.China

北京红旗中文贰仟软件技术有限公司
地址:北京经济技术开发区(亦庄)西环南路18号汇龙森A座二层
邮编:100176