Subject: RE: [office] office-comment -> JIRA migration

Thanks, from what I read the main annoyance is that an issue can have
multiple versions assigned to it for the resolution, e..g, ODF 1.0 Errata
02 and ODF 1.2, but the operations like apply resolution seem to act on
the issue as a whole.  So if we want to independently track things that
require fixes in more than one text, we need to do one of the following:

1) Enter independent issues for each target version, either by creating
independent issues, or by cloning an existing one
2) Enter subtasks for each target version
3) Keep a single issue per issue, but only close it out when all relevant
drafts have been updated

The important thing, I think, is to not split issues before a technical
resolution is determined.  If we split things to early then you have two
unresolved issues and risk arriving at divergent solutions to the same
issue, expressed in different texts.  We don't want that to happen.  So
I'm thinking that any splits (subtasks) should occur post-resolution.

What do you think?

-Rob

"Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote on 05/07/2009
04:57:47 PM: