Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] My perspective. display perferct?

Dave Pawson wrote:
> So markup (the attribute) is 'lost' (dumped) by the app, even if you only
> open the presentation, read it, and close it?

When saving it without changing (not just closing), yes, it's not just
"invisible in the application", but removed from the ODP altogether.

Although in this example, the application does an import / export
operation, so one could argue it's not "just" opening and saving.
Good luck explaining that to an end user, though.

Anyway, this is just an example, or "proof of concept" if you want :-)

> That's what I'm chasing. That's nasty in my book.

Well, in this case it's just a bug or feature-to-be-implemented.

But AFAIK, nothing in the current spec prevents Malware App 3000 to do
this on purpose and still claim to be playing by the rules...

Bart