search-ws-comment message

Subject: RE: [search-ws-comment]DisplayTerm // Forms versus Scan and Facet // was: ....

To quote Edward:
">>Some my say: "Performance".. Its faster to search for
>>"n201012345" in my LCCN index than to find "Ralph Levan". "
My take on this (in addition to what Edward says):
1. Performance is not an issue here, as <query> can still include
"n201012345" if the server so chooses to handle it for performance
reasons.
2. And on top of that: let's not require the client to solve the
server's performance problems. As an analogy: I'm sure that for my email
server it would be easier if I logged in with a number and not my email
adres, but why should I care? Somebody else's problem....

Ok, let's try to wrap this up. I believe we all had plenty of
opportunities to voice our opinions. Since Edward and me seem to agree
about this and both of us already have a working implementation, I think
a fair way to do conclude this discussion is to require Ralph to show a
pseudo code example to prove his point. Please not that I'm proposing
this with the best intentions; I feel this discussion is starting to
take too long.

Regards,

Edo