search-ws-comment message

Subject: RE: [search-ws-comment] "Last Week" is a bad idea for <actualValue>

Edo - I would say that the decision has been made, for the present time,
which doesn't mean it cannot be revisited during public review.  For the
public review document we are going to include displayTerm.

I invite you to join the SRU implementors forum for additional discussion of
this issue, just as I encourage those implemeters to join this forum.  It's
hard to manage this discussion, but it really needs to include that group,
while at the same time it needs to occur here as well in order to conform to
OASIS requirements for open discussion.  Sometimes it's impossible to
reflect all discussion from one forum to the other but we do our best.  I
bring this up because there has been some discussion recently on that forum
that you may not have seen, please subscribe, see
http://www.loc.gov/standards/sru/community/listserv.html, look at the
archive for the recent discussion, and feel free to post to that list, and
we should try to post all relevant discussion on this matter to both lists.

The essence of the discussion is: displayTerm is in Scan; we want scan and
facets to be aligned in this matter; there is a valid use case for it in
scan and therefore we do not want to depricate displayTerm from scan, at
least not at this time, so we will retain it in facets for the time being.
This is all subject to comment and reconsideration during the public review
period.

--Ray