ubl message

Subject: SV: [ubl] Discussion XSD implementation of extensions

Hi Ken,

We're in agreement with the results here.

MVH
Bryan Rasmussen
-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: G. Ken Holman [mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com]
Sendt: 14. juli 2006 04:00
Til: ubl@lists.oasis-open.org

At 2006-07-13 16:20 -0400, I wrote:
>I still have not seen any WD8 schemas, so I've
>made changes to my environment of last night.

With thanks to Sylvia, I've downloaded her latest files:

  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=19139

I note from her post and the changes.txt file
that there are two problems that need to be fixed
before we can vote on these schemas:

   BBIE "Transport Means. Direction Code. Code": DT conflict. Created
   element "DirectionCode_2".
   BBIE "Despatch Advice. Document Status Code. Code": DT conflict.
   Created element "DocumentStatusCode_2".

I don't know how to interpret the above errors as
to what changes are needed to the schemas to
"fix" the above ... could someone please advise?

With thanks to Steven, I've downloaded the sample SBS files:

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-sbsc/200607/msg00006.html

I've manually massaged the Invoice file into a
new test of extensions with the revised instances.

I've written stylesheets to massage Sylvia's
latest files into schemas that support "-2.0.xsd"
schema locations and the proposed UBL extensions,
and I've uploaded the new suite of all of the schema files to here:

  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=19140

Jon, modulo the two repairs above that need to be
made, I can run any revised set of schemas
through my stylesheets to do the following:

  - changed schemaLocations of "-2.xsd" to be "-2.0.xsd"

  - removed " [Note: this is not available for public distribution]" from
    the listURI for ContainerSizeTypeCode in UBL-QualifiedDatatypes-2.0.xsd

  - added reference to UBLExtensions to each document model

  - added comment reflecting this is a modification from the files
    supplied

  - replaced all attributes containing "UUIDID" with "UUID"

I believe we can go to release with these without
any more massaging, and I can rerun the massage
if needed when the two repairs above are addressed.

But, it would help if TC members tested the files
I've just uploaded to make sure I haven't messed
up in the many changes I've made.

The test files are in:

test\invoice-samp.xml   - no extensions and no errors
test\invoice-samp-bad1.xml   - no extensions and an error
test\invoice-ext.xml   - extensions and no errors
test\invoice-ext-bad1.xml  - extensions and error (swapped elements)
test\invoice-ext-bad2.xml  - extensions and error (two top elements in ns)
test\invoice-ext-bad3.xml  - extensions and error (empty container)
test\test.bat - invocation
test\test.txt - what I get when running Xerces

The invocation and validation support files are in:

work\CatalogManager.properties
work\resolver.jar
work\w3cschema.bat
work\xercesImpl.jar
work\xjparse.jar

The common modules have not changed since January on which I based these
tests:

xsd\common\CCTS_CCT_SchemaModule-2.0.xsd
xsd\common\CodeList_CurrencyCode_ISO_7_04.xsd
xsd\common\CodeList_LanguageCode_ISO_7_04.xsd
xsd\common\CodeList_MIMEMediaTypeCode_IANA_7_04.xsd
xsd\common\CodeList_UnitCode_UNECE_7_04.xsd
xsd\common\UBL-CommonAggregateComponents-2.0.xsd
xsd\common\UBL-CommonBasicComponents-2.0.xsd
xsd\common\UBL-CoreComponentParameters-2.0.xsd
xsd\common\UBL-SpecializedDatatypes-2.0.xsd
xsd\common\UnqualifiedDataTypeSchemaModule-2.0.xsd

As before I've modularized the extension schema
so that parties defining their own extension need
only modify the extension content data type
module and not the common extension module that is used by all extensions:

xsd\common\UBL-CommonExtensionComponents-2.xsd
xsd\common\UBL-ExtensionContentDatatype-2.xsd

Because of my time spent on this I still haven't
completed the code list stuff ... I'll work on that tomorrow.

I look forward to any comments.

Thanks!

--
Registration open for UBL training:    Montréal, Canada 2006-08-07
Also for XSL-FO/XSLT training:    Minneapolis, MN 2006-07-31/08-04