oic message

Subject: RE: [oic] virtual ODF interop fest ?

Title: RE: [oic] virtual ODF interop fest ?

Hello Alan,

> We also need to frame the event to ensure that it doesn't become a
> product marketing FeatureFest or vendor shootout - or target
> practice :).

Ok, rule number 1: you have to fix a bug before pulling the trigger :-)

On a more serious note, I've had it with that kind of demos, pointing
to a competitor or a vendor you don't particularly like is very easy,
but turning that energy into improving standards or implementations is
something else...

But Alan is right, we have to make sure that this event is fair and
positive towards all implementors and participants.

> But I'm less concerned about voice. I think that it will be more
> important to be able to see the documents via web conferencing.

Like dimdim or freeconferencecall ? Or would simple filesharing do the
trick ?

Best regards,

Bart