Subject: Re: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: [virtio-comment] RE: RE: RE: RE: [RFC] virtio-net: support access and control the member devices

On Tue, 8 Aug 2023 03:16:44 +0000, Parav Pandit <parav@nvidia.com> wrote:

> [...]

Filters for tx?

Are there other use cases?

> A virtio switch object can be part of a existing virtio device or a new virtio device type in itself.
>
> Xuan,
> As we discussed, since the owner device packets also needs to be filtered, potentially outside of the owner device itself,
>
> Do you see the need to introduce virtio switch object now, or can it wait?

For virtio switch, I am ok.

But for me, I just have this requirement that needs the switch.
So if we do this in the device, then that is not need for me.

Now, you think we should introduce the rx/tx filter to the virtio switch.

@Jason @Michael how do you think?

Thanks.