Subject: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: [virtio-comment] RE: RE: RE: RE: [RFC] virtio-net: support access and control the member devices

Yes. the regular switchdev model that exists in Linux kernel for several years now.
And similar in another hypervisor.

> Are there other use cases?
>

> > A virtio switch object can be part of a existing virtio device or a new virtio
> device type in itself.
> >
> > Xuan,
> > As we discussed, since the owner device packets also needs to be
> > filtered, potentially outside of the owner device itself,
> >
> > Do you see the need to introduce virtio switch object now, or can it wait?
>
> For virtio switch, I am ok.

I didn't follow your answer "I am ok".
Do you see the need now or can it wait?

> But for me, I just have this requirement that needs the switch.

> So if we do this in the device, then that is not need for me.

Device meaning outside of the virtio domain, for example dpu or something else, yes?

> Now, you think we should introduce the rx/tx filter to the virtio switch.

I am asking to _not_ introduce currently.