Subject: Re: [office] Public comment #20 -- default print range in tables

On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 12:17 -0400, robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
>   I believe that a user would be astonished if an application printed
> the range stored in the document rather than the range he/she has
> currently selected.

I would be rather astonished if an application would choose only to
print the range I happened to have selected in my document because I
edited it last.

>  For that reason I would oppose any language in the ODF standard that
> made it a conformance requirement to print the range stored in the
> file.

I would agree with this as long as we don't in anyway imply that an
application ought to print a (accidentally or not) previously selected
range.

Andreas

--
"Liberty consists less in acting according to
one's own pleasure, than in not being subject

Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences
Concordia University College of Alberta