Subject: RE: [office] Errata: Proposal for 15.27.22 "-treshold"

I am completely aligned with the previous direction.  Michael, thanks for
finding the resolution that was made when ODF 1.1 made the corrections.

I propose the following:

Step A (for action on 2008-09-29):

Option 1: Remove the errata item for 15.27.22

Option 2: Replace the errata item for 15.27.22 with one that corrects the
*text* occurrence of "style:wrap-dynamic-threshold" to have -treshold
instead.  The prose would not change.  [This is my favorite because it
attracts attention to the situation and acknowledges that the schema rules.]

Step B:  For later.  In time for the next errata or some sort of supplement
to ODF 1.1, address the deprecation of all schema misspellings that were
expected to be incorporated in ODF 1.1
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200606/msg00075.html
This also gives us time to look at additional breaking changes of this kind
that have been identified for ODF 1.2.  I'd like to see a broader look at
up- and down-level compatibility and ways/guidance for to minimize the
impact of breaking changes and unknown features.
We need to be clear on how to do deprecation, then do the deprecations, and
have a clear policy/approach for that now and into the future, picking up on
this thread:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200606/msg00087.html

 - Dennis

PS: I don't understand why option (c) was not taken since all of the posts
that responded to Michael's proposal were supportive of doing a deprecation
at 1.1.  It does look like option (b) was actually implemented, in that the
schema was changed for 1.1, but nothing was done about the 1.0 schema and no
deprecation was introduced in 1.1.  I haven't checked committee minutes for
the June 2006 time period to see how explicit this was.