Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Which is definitive odf?

Assuming this new oasis member actually does have an influence on the standard at this late stage, isn't it more likely that this will hurt interoperability than to help it, even if just because of additional compexlty rather than any deliberate act? In that case it could certainly be useful for the TC to get involved in 1.2.

Sam

Sent from my iPod

On 17 Jun 2008, at 18:08, robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:

marbux <marbux@gmail.com> wrote on 06/17/2008 09:33:12 AM:

> So I'd counsel against focusing on ODF 1.2 for this TC's work until
> ODF 1.2 is stable and adopted. It's not a stable specification.

And note that the ODF TC has several ways to indicate stability, by voting Committee Drafts, putting out for public review, voting it as Committee Specifications, etc.  We don't necessarily need to wait until ODF 1.2 is approved as an OASIS standard before we look at it.  Ee probably don't want to invest a lot into test case development of ODF 1.2 until at least Committee Specification approval.  But even then I wonder if our effort is best spent giving feedback on the draft with respect to conformance and interop issues?

-Rob